SCLN Legal Network
Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce.
IP is protected in law by: patents, copyright; trademarks, industrial design, etc. which enable people to earn recognition or financial benefit from what they invent or create.
- Patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention.
- Copyright is a legal term used to describe the rights that creators have over their literary and artistic works: books, music, paintings, sculpture and films; database, computers programs etc..
- Trademark is a sign capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises.
Our IP team has competent experience and knowledge in both national and international IP laws. Due our network of canadian partner and others across the world we provide our clients with the most comprehensive IP services. We can also provide strategic advice to both established and developing companies.
IP services as follows:
- Filing-Registration of trademarks anywhere in the world (EU-Registration EUIPO- International Registration-WTO) and advice on a suitable trademark programme
- Monitoring service to advise when others attempt to register similar marks
- Drafting agreements for the transfer and license of patents, models and trademarks, as well as stipulating all agreements related to the aforementioned rights (secrecy agreements- NDA, non-competition agreements, distribution agreements; Joint venture; franchising agreement)
- Advice and assistance to protect IP rights from infringement and other abuse
- Patent registration